Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August

September
The busy
revel in
the rush
October
The lonely
weep in
the rain
November
We all
Try hard to give thanks
Through the bitter cold
Though the fire smold-
ers
Though we're getting old-
er.
Decemeber
She sees
her breath
On the
Win-dow-sill
Jan-
Uary
unwanted
fee-
lings in him
fester still.
Feb...ruary
we know the stor-
y from ano-
ther poem
So what if the ink spills on our page and we can't write of how we sob?
Or..
what if we don't want to remember how our hearts throb....
Each time we sing
Of March
And of parades in the morning
Recalling the harsh
Double whistle ding bang tick tock Ring.
April we stand on our porches and won-
der
How strange it is when one thing causes ano-
ther
to o-
ccer.
tis human...

you know,

to
err.
SaidHeToHer.
May brings
the factory smoke,
TheBrokenGlass,
in the window panes of
that old sweatshop/department store
So tell me
Call you tell me
What in June we are fighting
for?
So yeah
the geraniums which
all the neighbors
have.
they bloom and turn
grey
in my crazy dreamland way.
July
I found a closet
with ballet costumes
It was a green
Car-pet-ed room
and I barely even remember...
so it might have been ....
September
The busy
Revel in the rush...

7 comments:

  1. this is brilliant lubov, i can picture just how you wrote this and i keep reading it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love for just one day to hear your thoughts because im sure that they would be amazing and creative and completely deep just like this poem =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey that comment just made me very happy because someone said that very thing about regina spektor in a youtube comment for the song pavlovs daughter which is like my favorite song by her and she is like my idol so yes you have made me very very happy thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw look at my box on facebook to fully understand the part in this poem of a february nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it, but you do. You deffinitly have a certain style, the poems scream "Luba wrote me, uba wrote me!" One day peope will read your poems and wonder who you were, this crazy gir who wrote these crazy good poems!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. marley thank you! It makes me feel very good to know that I have a style, especially since you noticed it in this particular poem and this one might be my favorite. :) luv ya!!!

    ReplyDelete