Friday, February 18, 2011

...

I wish when I opened up my heart, my secrets, I could pour them into an opaque, air-tight container and keep them all for myself. I wish when I opened up my heart I could file my feelings and place them in a box. Tape, stamp, address, I'd mail them off to a faraway place (but I'd always make sure I could find them again). I wish when I opened up my heart the beating turned on default mute and the blush on my cheeks stopped below my skin. I wish when I opened up my heart I could stop the loud music.
But instead, when I open up my heart, my secrets flow from it; liquid, silver, tantalizing. My feelings shout and make themsleves known. They find their way into my eyes, my lips, the way my nose crinkles, but there's nothing I can do my feelings are not shy. When I open up my heart music flows from the core the beat in the background steady and quick.
When I open up my heart things happen faster than I can keep track of and every second's another memory. My heart does not hide from anything no matter what chains hold me back my heart will always be free.

2 comments:

  1. "When I open up my heart things happen faster than I can keep track of [...]" That's all to true, it's scary, heart's are scary, yet we love with them anyway. You have an uncanny knack for turning your thoughts into poetry! I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. no other words to be said. whooossshhh!

    ReplyDelete