Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mother

I am the justification for your infertility
You peer back through the past as if it were a pair of spectacles and decide
That I am the reason why
Your grandfather died on his way to work on Sunday
Dust with the grain, carol in the rain
Refrain
Remain the ways
Number the days
Don't go crying to daddy.
Immature gaze,
Cross continental blaze
You prayed for a daughter,
But you got a maze.
I tried to get to the windy city to quell the ember in my chest, you messed
Me up, dress me up, please
I don't know what you want me to wear.
I wanted to get drenched in holy water so I knocked on the church gate,
But I went
Too late,
Raised voice
Hyperventilate.
I tried to melt someone
I tried to calm down
A once solid state has no other fate
He drowned.
He's around, I've found
Buttons from his shirt buried in the dirt of your father's grave
I misbehave
I read ahead a chapter,
not quite forever after, but at least one more day of laughter, after all,
It runs in the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment