Saturday, July 31, 2010

Diminishing

Water droplets from the once-green ripe wild cherries hang by a thread
The wheelbarrow (black, this time) conquered by the invasive vine is slowly being crushed
The grass is like fall, like colors this time around
And I still don't know who I am.
But the sugar-plant still reaches tall and grows at amazing rates,
And the breeze is still light and calming and enlivening, though....
I still yearn to climb the strong cherry tree.
You know what I'm talking about.
Don't you?
The small treeling that yearned to grow with me when I was younger has been wrapped and choked by the reeds.
We tried to save it, yes, but it endeed up being a choice between it or me.
And who would rather save a tree?
So it is dead and gray but yet I live...
Reminded suddenly of the horrible beauty of this world.

2 comments:

  1. I like the black wheelbarrow, it reminds me of many conversations about poems in Engish. I aso love the idea of the cherry tree, wel, no, that's a lie, I like what it shows, I don't like the harsh truth. But then again, who does? SOrry if I don't make much sense, I'm having one of those moments, where nothing makes sense, or at east what I say doesn't make sense to others, and I've started babbeling again. I ove the poem, it seems like it should be on the front page of a book. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get that reference to the red wheel barrow poem? I said "black, this time.." I was hoping someone would get that....And naturally I know EXACTLY what you mean, but actually, there are three different trees: The tree of the first line, which is indeed a wild cherry tree that I was simply observing, the second tree that I talk about wanting to climb, which is indeed another cherry tree but a different cherry tree, seeing as the first one I mentioned is not nearly as fun to climb, and finally the last tree; the treeling choked by the reeds. This is not a cherry tree- I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but it is small and dying. I think this is the tree you referred to in your comment, but it is not a cherry tree, and not the same tree as the other two. Confused? Haha

    ReplyDelete